Friday, July 12, 2024

Recording, Electric piano

 I'm practicing and recording in the corner of my family.

I use my headphone connecting my electric piano.  Sounds of an electric piano are not good and disperse in a room so that I use the headphone to create sounds by hands and pedals.

While playing the piano, I listen sounds carefully, so I heard many things, sounds other than the piano.

If the atmosphere is good, recording can be done to the last.




When I fail recording, many things, which are not necessarily related to music, come up to mind and I stop playing, I fail playing, etc.  

I write them down, recognize them and release them.  

Then, I find technical problems, fingers and/or music notes, to play the parts better.  





Limitations of electric piano

Large, big, deep, ff, fff sounds cannot be out.  

Harmonic overtones ... ??

Stiff when I drop a finger on a key.
(A good grand piano pushes a key back to a player.)




Merits of electric piano

Clear recording without abrupt physical sounds (and not-physical sounds?).


Good feeling-well sounds cannot be out by an electric piano if I only push keys.  
So I read and analyzed music notes of classic piano such that a recording sounds not-bad.